The guys are really on em right around camp. Here's a photo one of them sent me this morning as I was on my way home.

[Linked Image]

The local barkeep gave me a tip on one at their ranch so we checked it out and ended up a buddy and I chased a pair of cats in about 7" of snow around a mountain and bumped them once but did not get a chance at them. We had an exciting chase. There's a lot of ground in the area and it will kick your ass chasing them when they know you're back there! We saw elk, hundreds of deer including some nice bucks, bobcat, coyotes, hundreds of antelope.

Weather went below zero one night and wind killed a lot of good calling chances. Everyone kept right at it and we all had a chance to warm up around a big campfire each night.

[Linked Image]

Cougars are much hairier than I thought they would be.

[Linked Image]

Several days high winds forecast (40mph+) so some of us packed it in but had a great time. Super nice people one and all. Thanks to baltz for a great effort and super hospitality. It's still going on thru the 18th and the cats are around so I bet the guys will have some great stories in a few days.

LOL