I never understood why the capital is still in Juneau, the only explanation I can think of is that it’s logistically tough for the citizens of the state to have input into their state government. We all know that politicians find their constituents to be nothing but a pain in the ass and by being sequestered in an area that they know will be considerably tougher to get to they don’t have to deal with the people they represent.

If the capital was moved it would make Juneau a decent place to live. I liked Juneau the times I’ve been there but by virtue of it being the seat of government I thought it was too tainted to want to live there. I do enjoy wasting my time at the Red Dog Saloon especially in the off season when the cruise ships aren’t around. If I was single I’d probably have a different opinion since cruise ship ports of call are always good for a fun time with single women looking for some temporary companionship.

There’s no logical reason for the capital to be so far removed from the citizens.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~