Originally Posted by ironbender
Exotic here.

A dozen or maybe more escaped from someones pen 10 or 15 years ago. Sighted occasionally, but eventual,y died off. None around now.

It would be fun to help with the problem down south.

Ironbender & others ,
Howdoo ..

The thing about pigs is they're very smart then again they're just a stupid animal . When folks down here in pig country complain about being overun with pigs it's because they're hard to kill . Put a little pressure such as shooting one tonight they aren't coming back there for a while and when they do it will be at 2-3-4-5 am and they'll be nervous moving running - one will squeal and they'll all explode into the super thick cover . Likely head to another feeder - who knows . If they would pop up like praire dogs I'd invited the entire 24hr-fire to come and shoot them all . Here in florida they'll stand in the woods and listen or circle the feeder area - smell you then head on out and not return for who knows how long . They know where to find a safe meal 24/7 .
You'll get one here and there but it's not like they pile around a feeder everytime it goes off . By the time you put one or two in the freezer - three different sounders have dropped 15 piglets - mostly females .

I gang-set snares in an area of my lease - caught two hogs in one night - had two game cams going but not on the snares just the feed area . You could see the the expression on the hogs faces - they didn't know whether to sh-itt or go blind - wigged out seeing/hearing their comrads caught in snares and fighting for their lives . Not one hog came to that feeder for several months - finally a lone boar got brave enough to give it a go and was visibly on pin & needles . He would never feed and look relaxed - he sprint off for no reason that I could tell from looking at game cam video , and never feed for more than a couple of minutes at best . Even after a couple of years they're very leary of that spot and they know exactly what a snare looks like now . They'll walk right around one everytime.

Here in the Fl. panhandle hunting hogs is a nightime thing - RARELY EVER see one during dusk/dawn - never after sun up .
When it cools off and hunting season starts they totally disappear to God knows where - maybe one or two are killed from oct. through feb. [2000+ acres] , they run off all the deer - eat the fawns - eat any and everything - turkey nest etc. etc. on & on .
Again if they were easy to kill I'd invited the fire' gang down for hog slaughter fun shoot .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.