Originally Posted by SU35
May be sufficient in the accuracy dept. But after doing some penetration test on dry print with 35 caliber rifles and Swift 280's The faster twist gave better penetration with heavy for caliber bullets.

I would bet the 300's twisting at 1:10 out of a 9.3 would do the same, give more penetration than the 1:14.

SU 35 thanks for this. I always suspected this but had not seen any verification. I am surprised that's twist so close showed a difference. I think if only solids were used then it would be even clearer. I agree with the lighter expanding bullets penetrating less with faster twists and more velocity due to more violent upset. But not sure how solids would react to more twist and velocity, seems even they have an optimal ratio of velocity to penetration and twist.

Szinh agree but wish they would do it up like the African model with good wood. Then maybe offer an economy or working model with a synthetic stock for Alaska and those on a budget.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli