Originally Posted by lastround
Lapua brass IS a little pricey, but you definitely get your money’s worth from it in terms of quality of manufacture, longevity (I have 7mm-08 brass that’s been fired 12 times and still going strong), and accuracy. But, with Lapua, you’ll need to cut back a bit on powder charges. It has less inside dimensions. Best brass going in my opinion.

That's what I've always been told, and Lapua is generally pretty good, no doubt. However, some recent load development I did in my 308 AR showed me that Norma brass was a little tougher and more consistent than the Lapua. It could (and is likely to be) just that batch, but it showed me that Norma brass is at least worth considering. It was without question head and shoulders above Hornady Match, both in consistency and in the level of loads it would handle.

Combine that with the experience I had with some Lapua 6.5 Grendel brass a while back that was .010" short on headspace and split 1 out of 5 pieces at the neck has made me a little less enthusiastic about Lapua lately. Not enough to stop using it, but I'm not sure it's the best thing out there at the moment.