Brass is brass. In .308 Winchester I like Nosler Brass, or Hornady Brass, or Privi Partisan which in most calibers they produce measures on a par with any other (the Privi .25-06 Remington brass proved quite uniform). Lapua brass has proven problematic in some plain Jane standard cartridges for me, and doesn't really become something spectacular until we crack open a box of 6mm BR Norma, then it's obviously different and worth the cost. Starline is premium brass, I buy it by the 1000 case lots in rifle and handgun cartridges, especially for kooky stuff such as the .357 Maximum; .375 Winchester (for reforming to .375 Super Mag, or the 7mm IHMSA Rimmed); their .348 Winchester (because it's available); the old standby .45-70 Government; their .44 Magnum; .45 Colt; and .480 Ruger; and I plan on buying a lot of .308 Winchester with the small rifle primer pocket for use with H-322 powder and a mystery bullet. Otherwise I buy all the Winchester .204 Ruger and Winchester .223 Remington brass I can get my hands on, enough to require stacking over floor joists so the floor doesn't sag. Otherwise, I load up on new Federal Lake City 5.56 NATO brass, all of which shoots the same and kills ground squirrels.

Last edited by WranglerJohn; 02/18/19.