Originally Posted by steve4102
Clumber Spaniel or a Sussex

Interesting Steve,

I'm thinking of getting a dog this year, for birds and small game. My wife and I are dog afficionados and we've discussed a Clumber, especially now that I'm a gentleman of a certain age (and speed wink )

We're actually thinking something a bit larger though, as we live in the "country" and my wife thinks we could use a larger dog in the yard in case the coyotes or a cat should get the idea they'd like to have one of our whippets for dinner. (saw a good size bobcat mile or so from the house last night on our way to dinner. )

I'm leaning toward a large, versatile breed. Perhaps an Airedale, or something of that size. I'll consider a Dratharr (spelling? ), or another wirehaired breed.

I'm not too partial though, so I'll probably end up with a Lab. And there's nothing wrong with that.

As I told my wife when we first got together.............someday I'd like to have 27 dogs.............coupla labs, coupla sighthounds (large and small), some hounds, a few terriers to keep the vermin down, and a lap dog or three.

Those catahoulas and the blue Laceys might work too. And being of Italian and Irish descent, perhaps a Lagatto Romagnolo, or Spinonni, and an Irish Water Spaniel.

I probably missed a few

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?