Ive played with trad equipment...but still prefer a compound. Im a tech with 20+ years. Multiple factory certs. Level 2 archery coach. And until Oct 31 of last year owned and operated my own shop. Ive set up and tuned literally a few thousand bows. Im strictly a bareshaft tuner. Dont even own any paper tuning stuff. Bow tuning is simple. Yes there is equipment required to do it RIGHT. Press, drawboard, vise, set of levels. A lot of how/what i do depends on make and model of the bow im setting up. Each one has a "preferred" centershot setting. Each one has its own preferred way it performs best in regards to rest height and nock height.....sorry but they dont all go center of arrow thru center of berger hole and nock dead level. I set rest/nock height. Then set centershot. Once its set, the rest is locked down and never touched again...unless the smallest amount i can move the cams either via yoke adjustments or shims is too much. Then and only then will i move the rest. Once rest/nock height and centershot are set and d loop is tied its off to drawboard to verify cam timing and also check rest timing if im installing a cable driven rest. Now time to send arrows down range. I work a fletched and bareshaft at 20yds. Tail left or right on bareshaft are corrected via shim adjustments or yoke adjustments and sometimes on hybrid cam systems its a combination of both. Nock high/low bareshaft are cleaned up on hybrid cam bows via control cable adjustments. Yokes can also be used to make very fine cam synch adjustments. Once i have fletched/bareshaft perfectly 90° to target face and same poi, im done tuning. Ill verify my sight axis, make windage adjustments to move fletched/bareshaft to center bull. Once that is done i make no more windage adjustments of any kind. The only thing i adjust is sight yardage. My field points fly to same poi as my slick tricks. No broadhead tuning. No walkback tuning. No french tuning. Once i leave my 20yd tuning range....the tuning is done. Complete.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff