Originally Posted by RMiller2
Has the WSR changed recently?

I have been using the WSR in my 25-45 Sharps and 223 loads recently after reading that the CCI 400 were not recommended for the MSR platforms. Of course that was after shooting about 500 of them first in my 223.

I only use CCI 450 in MY Grendels as I dont shoot the number of reloads through them as I do the 223.

It changed years ago, from a silver outer cup to a brass colored one. The brass ones are softer, like the federals. When you are on the firing lines and see untold numbers of shooters with ARs you learn a few things, your world opens up. Only slam fires I've ever seen were new brass colored WWSR and Federal primers in the AR15 platform. Nothing against either primer, but soft is not, IMHO, safe in a floating pin gun like the AR.

That said testing primers can show you a lot with different powders and loads. Opened my eyes MANY years ago. Yep, I have favorites, but I never discount running through primers as an accuracy test, with the ARs I would usually not do this up close but on the mid range lines past 300 out to 600, and plot groups, it can sure sway you now and then. You cannot discount where the holes are in the paper.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....