Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Another swing and a miss.....

One day someone will actually look at what a stock should do for a shooter.

What flavor of aftermarket stock do you prefer for a lightweight rifle like a tikka ?

Factory synthetic Tikka stock works great....best milk-jug stock out there. A little bedding to affix the recoil lug to the stock, and they’ve held up to some pretty tough punishment. They’re also relatively light, you’d be paying a pretty penny to lose a couple ounces. Ergos work well for actual field shooting.

I agree with you on all points, I’ve had Manners, McMillan, and B&C stocks on various tikkas over the years. I liked some of them, particularly the manners EHT I have on an SS lite 243 right now, but I’ve also been happy to go back to the factory plastic stocks, especially with a krylon job to dress them up and add a little texture.

But I’m also curious what style of aftermarket stock Formid, you or other experienced shooters here like on their fairly lightweight hunting rigs. Like I said, the Manners EHT is a nice stock. I briefly had an EH2 on a Remington and liked the shape of it. Any McMillans work particularly well on T3 lites?