As a matter of fact I am considering using a Tikka for a 416 Taylor because I like the reliability of centerline feed. You have convinced me that the Tikka T3x is extremely underrated. With it, I will be really happy to make 100% of all shots attempted within 200 yards.

I didn’t mean to ruffle your feathers. I only intended to point out that broad statements about this or that being good or bad don’t apply to all situations. I certainly accept your opinion that it is poorly designed for LR shooting.

Your knowledge is impressive and I go out of my way to read your posts but I also believe we are all biased by our own experience. In most hunting situations, I am not too interested in attempting first shots much beyond 450 or so. For example, on Cape buffalo or lions, I want to be within 75 yards for the first shot. For me, getting closer is much more challenging and interesting.

I have been involved in training young professionals and try to impress upon them the following:
“Just because you can do something doesn’t necessarily make it a good idea.”

Last edited by RinB; 04/01/19.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.