Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by bowmanh
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I'd say it's pretty standard for businesses to donate money to people who might make decisions that affect them.

So it should be common practice for gun shops to donate to brady?

That's pretty silly. The Brady Center would not do anything to help gun shops. But elected officials might support a bill that would help Benchmade in some way. I'm just pointing out how the real world works.

Again if Benchmade was a true 2nd amendment supporter they would say hell no and relocate to a free state..... integrity.. the word of the day... obviously they could care less about the 2nd and donating to Whiden and crew is just good business, so was selling ovens to Nazi's .... until it wasn't

Businesses exist primarily to make a profit. The people who run Benchmade may well be 2nd Amendment supporters, I hope they are, but as business owners they first and foremost have to stay in business. Elected officials can make decisions that have a big effect on whether businesses are profitable. This is economics 101 in a capitalistic society. So it's not surprising they want to be on good terms with people who make decisions that affect them. I would personally prefer that they donate to Republicans, but Oregon is largely controlled by the Democrats and Benchmade is operating in that environment.

Moving an established company is expensive and difficult, so most businesses aren't going to do that unless they have a very strong incentive.

I support the 2nd Amendment as much as anyone and would would prefer to see the guns sold. Still, cutting up a few guns as a favor to local police is hardly making ovens for the Nazi's.