I have cooked on Kamado Joe''s and Primo's and they pretty much cook the same, but BGE has the best warranty of any of them. When you have ceramic cookers at some point something is going to crack and it was BGE's lifetime warranty that sold me along with the many positive reviews. They have replaced a base for my first large, a charcoal bowl for my mini and a fire ring when I still had my XL....no questions asked.

A more versatile cooker you will struggle to find. I make everything from low and slow bbq to pizza and steaks that are seared at 700-800*. Play around with your temp control and as someone said earlier catch your temp on the way up. They are a bitch to cool down! If I'm cooking above 300* I don't even use the "daisy wheel" for the top. I will tell you that once your fire is established with the dome open if you crack you lower vent about the width of a #2 pencil it will hold 400* for one helluva long time and just a bit less for 350*. PM me if you have questions . I have cooked and competed with them since 2010.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.