Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by Terryk
Originally Posted by angler
@ingwe: You have very beautiful rifle.

[quote=Terryk][quote=angler]
You deserve some rakia! Can you shoot vlk (byk)?

Tnx smile vlk (byk)?I did not understand you completely.

TerryK I work in Kosice. I have seen wolves up near the High Tatras. One of the Slovak guys tells me he hunts wolves right outside of Kosice. He has shown me some pictures. I wish I could hunt while I am there. Slovakia is a beautiful country

Very cool to hear of the wolves in Kosice. Kosice is my father's homeland. I guess there was a village there called Kelly. My uncle was named Kelly after the village. I think the village may have been erased by war.
Both of my grandparent left after being conscripted by Austrian Hungarian army. In my childhood they talked of wolves and the hard winters. The importance of carrying an axe (valashka) for protection. Naturally those vivid thoughts stay with me.
I was out today looking for coyote sign, and did not find any. The snow is pretty crusty so I think they don't leave prints. Smaller deer left mini poop on top, but there hoof did not cut the crust like the bigger deer. I was also on a bigger mission because a farmer I know had 11 cows bust through a fence. He is still missing 4, so my buddy and I scoped out that forest hoping to find the missing heifers.