Originally Posted by ratsmacker
The local fun shop has 3 457s An American, an American Varmint, and an MTR, the big, fat, awkward clubby stock everyone's oohing and ah-ing about. I liked the 457 American a lot, but it sure seems longer than necessary. The 24" barrel is two inches longer than the 452 American's, and almost four inches longer than the 455 American's. I guess it's quieter, which is always a good thing. The one I looked at was smoother than my 452 by a long shot, and as good as my 455s.

I dunno if I'll buy one, I have four CZ rimfires already, but I thought it was pretty nice. The scope mounting options seem a lot better (it's D-ed and T-ed, and has the 11mm rail, too). I'll mull it over and decide sometime this weekend. The wood was stained VERY dark, but still had some good figure hidden under that stain. I have a spitload of magazines that will work in it already, and am sitting on a bunch of ammo, too. Come to think of it, I have three or four scopes taking up shelf space, too. Gotta check on rings....................................those 11mm rings don't grow on trees.

Talley steel rings are very handsome I think. Have a set of high ones on my 455 SS.

What fresh Hell is this?