Marlin model 101 single shot, back in the mid-70's. Please note-this is not something I have ever been very proud of doing, but it sure was one heck of a shot. And a true story(one or more members here may have been witnesses, but doubt they will ever admit being there to this day). We lived on a farm, and my father was caretaker for his boss's horses and one stubborn gelding pony. Every night it would break through the barb wire, to get into the neighbors sweet corn. Naturally I was the one summoned to retrieve it. After a few weeks of this pattern, it was getting old. One day a few of us were shooting up by the barn, and I made the remark I'd like to shoot that damn thing. As a joke, I took a one hand grip, pointed that 22 about ten feet over the pony, closed my eyes and shot into the air. I opened my eyes, the horse hit the ground, kicked once, and was graveyard dead. We later paced it at close to 300 yards. The friends there started scattering quickly, and yelling "you killed Star" ! I told them no way, maybe knocked him out....what are the chances of a bullet dropping ten feet, drifting another 5-6 feet left, and perfectly severing the spinal cord on a pony ? Apparently pretty good. A couple days later when people realized he was not sleeping, numerous game wardens and trooper's showed up. They figured it was shot from the road, and for 10 years I never told anyone any different. When they skinned back the neck to check the entry/exit hole out, and found that small 22 caliber hole in the neck and notified my father.....I could tell by the look he gave me he pretty much knew what the real story was. Ten years later in a bar it was the first question he asked me......did you kill that damn horse? He still don't believe it was an accident 40+ years later.