I’ve got what looks like a big blanket folded up out in my shop, it a big sheet of 1/4 pure lead. My cousin was doing some wiring on a hospital remodel and heard someone bitching about the hazmat fees for disposal of all this lead. When he asked what they meant they said some contractor was going to charge them some exorbitant fee because all the lead in the walls and doors in the X-ray lab were radioactive and had to be hauled to a special place that was really expensive to be disposed of. When he laughed and told them that lead repels radiation they asked how much he’d charge to remove it if they fired the other outfit.

He cut it into long sheets with a hatchet and folded it up like a stack of blankets and hauled it home. I don’t know how much he has left but one of the doors weighed hundreds of pounds by itself. Plus all the thin stuff like I have that came out of the walls. I can have all I want but it’s 16 hours away and being pure lead I have to scrounge Lino or something to harden it up with.