Originally Posted by armedferret
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by armedferret
It's entirely true, they've had a handful of rifles get out, among thousands and thousands made, that had some QC issues. Those to which I was privy, DPMS took quick and full responsibility and remedied the issues as soon as was reasonably possible.

Anything mass produced will have lemons get out. It's what the company does on the flip side WHEN it happens that matters. Some will tell the end user to pound sand. They rarely stick around.

Others will take care of the customer. Theirs are the names that become an industry standard.

DPMS is good juju. One can of course do better, but one can also do *FAR* worse.

Don't think it's just a handful.

Everytime I mess with something DPMS something is out of spec.

like what?

DPMS mags I have, out of spec, won't lock open in any rifle.
DPMS barrel nut wouldn't snug up to a Troy Alpha rail. Replaced it with a Delton and it snugged right up.
Dads neighbors DPMS .308 is a total pile of crap. Way over gassed. It uses a non-standard buffer tube with a short buffer weight, so you can't even change out the buffer weight to tune the system. I never could get it to run, not sure if he even installed an adjustable gas block like I suggested.
Buddies upper, better back you loads off a full grain. It says 5.56 on the barrel, but shows pressure like a .223.

They just have this habit of trying to be a bit too cute with their specs. That's why DPMS stands for Doesn't [bleep] Meet Standards.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell