Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
WOW by some accounts here I guess bowhunters shouldn't be shooting bears. Evidently there are armor plated bears running around. A .357 coming out of a rifle is going to create a lot more blunt force trauma and destruction to vitals than an arrow is. As I said I wouldn't use it on a spot and stalk hunt. But I haven't a single problem using one on baited or bayed bears. Hell I don't even have an issue with using a .357 out of a pistol. A bad shot is a bad shot no matter what you choose to use. Sure more power more bullet mass may save the day. Then again it may not. Shot placement, make a good shot no matter what you are using. Sometimes less is more, if it means you can shoot it better.

Agreed! Shot placement is the key! If I can’t make a good shot, I just don’t take the shot.
And didn’t a famous grizzly guide here on the 24 Hour🔥 kill a big ass brown bear in AK last year while guiding fly fishermen with Buffalo Bore ammo and a lowly 9mm pistol, if my memory serves me correctly? As I recall, he didn’t recommend it, but it worked. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~