Thanks for all the responses. I have asked Miss Gatehouse's 1st grade class to write a letter to Remington, chastising them for being so slow to learn and mean.

- WRT the 225's demise, there were several factors. They wanted to stop production of the 220 Swift - the top selling 22 CF at the time. The 225 was Winchester's idea of a replacement - Strike One!

- Remington legitimized the 22-250 in 1965. They started manufacturing the rifle and cartridge, which kicked the hell out of the 225 Win. Anybody who was anybody was already shooting the 22-250 wildcat. Strike Two!

- Winchester announced that there would be three bullet weights available - 50, 55 and 60 grains. But only the 55 gr. was marketed. No doubt because Winchester discovered the 1 in 14 twist wouldn't stabilize the longer, heavier 60 gr. bullet. No one really knows what happened to the 50 grainer. A guess, but they had started producing what turned out to be a "too slow" twist barrel, so the 60 was out. I'm not really sure why subsequent runs weren't made with 1 in 10 twist barrels. At any rate...Strike Three!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]