Originally Posted by RickF
There’s a little Irish in everyone on St Patrick’s, except we Scottish. We’re still Scottish. wink

.............. My dad's parents were both born & raised in Scotland and I inherited the red hair from that side of the family, ( mostly auburn & grey now), but back in the early to mid '70's I became Irish once a year on St. Paddys day at a local hardcore Irish bar owned by a guy of Irish descent, of course. On St. Paddys day it would be full of Irish guys including a lot who'd been born there. They used to line up pitchers of green beer on the bar and everybody just drank. I would walk in and some old Irishman, complete with the accent, would see my red hair and say that I looked like a "fine Irish lad" and hand me a glass. I would agree with him and proceed to get tanked for free. Some of those older guys made sure the pitchers got refilled when needed and it was always a good time. I had such a good time I would have gone every year even if I had to pitch in for the beer. Never did tell them where I got that red hair from. Maybe it was my "thrifty" (AKA cheapskate) Scottish DNA but it was fun, ( and economical), being Irish one day a year.

Last edited by 22250rem; 03/17/19.