I knew we would gravitate to constriction this and that. šŸ˜ƒ

Here is where Iā€™m at. As the Brits would say, ā€œmodeefied and modeefied.ā€ I could live with it from from Ruffed Grouse to Doves to Pheasants to Ducks and Geese.

When I get the chance, Iā€™ll past some pics of IC, Mod and IM on a pattern board at 20 yards. I know there will only be inches of variation in width and the old theme of ā€œchokes give us inches, but we most often miss in feetā€ will be obvious. Meant to do it tomorrow, but life got in the way. Most donā€™t realize there is little difference between open and tight at the ranges most game is killed. And that is inside 20 yards. Yet tight gives you a center cushion when things get outside 30. Where open chokes are coming apart.

Tighter is better when it comes to the game fields. Less fringe means less cripples, and if one perfectly centers a Gamebird up close with IC you still get hamburger. Iā€™ve shot a lot of game from close to out a bit and seldom have I blown one up at close range with Mod, while I still have a decent pattern to work with at distance.

laissez les bons temps rouler