You're getting kind of ganged up on up on here. 😁You can tell how passionate we are about our first and second amendment rights. Were a very unique country in the world and outsiders don't understand our love of our constitutional God given rights. Appreciate getting first hand experience ,info regarding NZ news , history and culture. Most of us understand that New Zealand is a jewel in the world and don't want to see it destroyed by Marxists.

Cant wait to get back there trout fishing

Originally Posted by zeissman
Originally Posted by model70man
Originally Posted by zeissman
Originally Posted by model70man
If it wasn't for the good old USA and it's many gun owners and finest military in the world the Australians, the New Zealanders and their cousins, the British fog breathers would be speaking Japanese right now. They are ungrateful people who don't deserve help from us any more.

And just why do you think people here are ungrateful for U.S. forces in WWII stopping the japs at the battle of the Coral Sea? Or is this just a figment of your screwed up imagination?

It's not my imagination, I guess I spent too much time on LinkedIn listening to the gun grabbers there. I want to live free with my handguns, rifles and shotguns. The idiots who don't want people down under to own anything that is a semi-auto or a handgun are screwed up in my opinion. Anyway, I will never visit there although my late father was a USMC Gunnery Sergeant who spent six months on Guadalcanal and he came back screwed up. Maybe it's hereditary.

Sorry about your dad. My father was the same. One morning when I was nine years old I found him sobbing at the breakfast table and he was a hard man or so I thought. My mother said it was the anniversary of some particular battle against the Germans where he'd lost a few of his best friends. My small town has a memorial to all the local young guys who went off to fight in Europe in WWI and WWII and never returned. Also, one in Afghanistan too. Every small or large town in NZ has a memorial. Australia, Canada and Britain (fog breathers) too. I lost an uncle as well. Such a waste, but they did their duty.

The Japanese of course were particularly viscous fighters and eager to die for the emperor. One of the best books I've read on WWII was Eugene Sledge's "With the Old Breed".

If you ever do come down this way I'm sure you'll be welcomed and well treated and enjoy yourself. We're all brothers after all. Good luck and take care of yourself.

Update: The prime minister has announced this afternoon that it will ban all military assault type semi-autos. Other semi-autos such as .22 rimfire, high power hunting semi-auto rifles and semi-auto shotguns will be unaffected. Won't stop the criminals or any terrorists but hey, it'll keep the non gun public happy.