Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Aha! Yeah, there are some real trout in that river.

While I have never done the 20/20 thing, Eileen came pretty close to it on the Bighorn one year. She saw spotted a trout sipping along the edge-line of a shallow riffle. She cast a #20 dry fly (I can't remember exactly what it was) above the sips and the rainbow took off down stream, showing its side while it turned, obviously bigger than the typical 16-18 inch Bighorn fish. She had never hooked a trout nearly that big on a fly rod before, though had caught much larger "silvers" in Alaska on a spinning rod, and actually tried to hand the rod to me, afraid she'd lose the fish, but I refused, saying she'd get it done. It took a while, and some following of the fish downstream (we were out of the boat and wading), but she did land it.

Mule Deer, As you most likely know we have a little place right here in Montana where 15- 20lb rainbows are not uncommon. For the sake of keeping one of Montana's best kept secrets I'm not going to mention where it is on the internet

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field