ribka;
Good afternoon to you sir, I trust all is well with you in your part of the world.

Since you've not exactly stated just how far you'd like to drive - or where - in Saskatchewan, I'll offer the following with the understanding that the information contained is nearly a half century old.

Be that as it may, way back when we drove west of Nipawin, SK where we were living at the time and headed north of Smeaton on the 106.

Linky thing:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bloomfield's+Ballantyne+Bay/@54.4059077,-103.9464394,10z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x92344e44b79038b3!8m2!3d54.915045!4d-103.36574

We didn't have a boat so all the fishing was from shore and I want to say we might not have fished Big Sandy Lake, but we did fish a few places just off the road on Deschambault Lake.

In particular we drove up to Ballantyne Bay in the link and I recall catching either a walleye - pickerel in Saskatchewan lingo - or a pike - jack fish in Saskatchewan speak - pretty much every cast.

The only fishing that ever rivaled that in my memory was Arctic Grayling fishing on the Fond du Lac River near where it was running into Black Lake Saskatchewan. That's a fly in then boat/hike in scenario or was then anyway and must still be.

Anyway sir, that's one former prairie boy's recollections of "the best" fishing from a few trips into some not too, too bad areas.

Actually the fishing on the Saskatchewan River around Nipawin used to be pretty good sometimes too, especially around the then new Tobin Lake reservoir.

Hope that helped a wee bit, safe travels and good luck fishing.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"