Originally Posted by GRF
Ribka; check out the EID (Eastern Irrigation District) in South Central / South Eastern Alberta they have a good website. They are Irrigation Reservoirs and have some great fishing for Pike and Walleye, they may not fit your description of remote. When the fish are in the shallows in the spring it can be fantastic fishing.

Further north in the Boreal forests there are lots of lakes with good fishing, Lesser Slave Lake is a huge lake by Alberta standards, I have no experience fishing in northern Alberta.

Northern Saskatchewan is full of lakes as well, I have experience there either.

If you don't mind the drive there is some awesome fishing opportunities in the NWT, pike, lake trout, grayling.

Hopefully someone will chime in with some good input.

All the best.

The EID is in my backyard. Great place to chase pike. Not bad upland bird hunting and water-fowling there too. A few rattlesnakes though, always fun to encounter. The South Saskatchewan River is a good fishery for pike, walleye and goldeye. There are a number of places South of Medicine Hat that hold decent pike numbers. None of this is even close to remote bush though. You would base out of either Med Hat or Brooks. Some of the small prairie towns have camp grounds, most have motels.
Hope this helps.
Jeff