I've been hunting with various Leupold scopes for years, and have been very satisfied with them. Leupold generally fits the price/performance window I'm looking for. But almost all the Leupold scopes I have or see for sale are equipped with the old style fine thread slow adjust focus system. My eyes are changing with age, and I need a more versatile quick focus system when I choose to hunt without glasses on - bad weather for instance. I need +2.5 diopters. So I need quick focus eyepiece. I also want low profile adjustment turrets, not the huge "tactical " style so popular today. 30mm tube vs 1" is not much of a difference, but I prefer 1". I like relatively small ocular bells to give better clearance for the operation of the bolt. Click adjustments are preferred but not required for my purposes. Good low light performance is a plus, but I don't want an objective bell larger than 40-42 mm. I like standard hunting reticles, Duplex, German #4 or even the old German #1. Won't buy a scope with range marks in the reticle. Don't want an exposed adjustment elevation turret. Power range of somewhere between 2-10x including 2-7 or 3-9 or 3.5-10 is OK. Under US $800 or so is my budget.
What can you suggest?

Last edited by castnblast; 04/02/19.