Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Whatever happened to teaching kids to actually hunt? Ease through the woods, stalk close enough to use iron sights? We've become a nation of sniper wannabe's and it would seem we're teaching the kids the same attitude. Can't get close enough to whack that animal with iron sights? Wave bye bye to it with a smile- it teaches kids humility and the important lesson that it's not just about killing stuff.

Walk before you can run, learn to use hand tools before graduating to power tools, and learn to drive Dad's pickup truck before hopping behind the wheel of a tractor trailer- same difference as learning to shoot with iron sights first. Lay the groundwork first.

I would say the days of foodplots and hunting over fields possibly. Legalizing baiting, etc. I get your point but don't talk like scopes are the devil....they are a tool just like anything else we take into the field. A good shot whether it be with irons or a scope is still success and meat in the freezer is still meat in the freezer. Who in the world thinks that using a scope means you are only about killing stuff? Crazy talk.

When my boys and I want to get close and personal with something, we turkey hunt. That will humble you quick on a lot of days.

Last edited by killerv; 04/05/19.