Originally Posted by TomM1
Thanks all, We plan on throwing a full week at it and were thinking weekdays may be more productive. Im experienced when it comes to hunting in adverse weather (lived in AK for 10 years), utilize a layering system, etc. was wondering more about the effect on antelope? I hear a bunch regarding migration corridors and mule deer, do the antelope move once the snow flies? Do they tend to herd up?

I'm no expert but the rancher who's ranch I hunt in every year did say that the antelope will herd up once winter kicks in. Which I believe since that's pretty much what happened last year after the first big snow, at least on his ranch. The sections I hunted on had 2 big herds that would merge into one big mega herd of probably 300+ antelope. Made for a tough hunt to try and get in close enough and pick out a buck to shoot without getting busted by some doe off to the side.

The other thing that can make it tough going is if you get snow that then begins to melt off, makes getting around almost impossible. The mud on Wyoming is like nothing I've seen anywhere, if it gets muddy you are done driving until it dries out again.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"