The only projectile I ever recovered from a deer had already passed through a broadside doe at about 15 yards back in Nov. 1997 in a foot of snow. It was an old 12 ga. Foster style deer slug. Back before I had a rifled slug barrel for hunting shotgun areas. The shot was on a slight downward angle as I was sitting on a hillside overlooking a flat "shelf" in the hill. Deer didn't go far and when I walked back to my sitting spot to retrieve my gear I paused to look at the deers tracks where I had hit it. Saw some blood spray in the snow and a few yards further saw a line in the snow that got deeper and turned into a small tunnel. That line in the snow lined up perfectly with my firing point. In disbelief I dug through the snow tunnel a few feet with my bare hands and plucked out a nicely mushroomed Foster slug. Still have it and if I were more computer literate I'd post a picture of it here. I once posted it on another outdoor / hunting forum but this site's a bit too difficult for dinosaurs like me. To date that's still my one and only recovered projectile from a game animal but I'm always looking for another one.