Sister was a bank teller in Redfield until this past week when she took a new job closer to home. smile.

I’m in my 30’s and have been killing pheasants since I was 10, my absolute favorite bird to hunt. My dad and uncles are in their 50’s and 60’s but still fit. We’ve always used the “go further and harder than the other guy” approach, whether chasing pheasants in SD or elk up high in CO. It’s pretty normal for us to put in 8-10 miles of marching in a day of bird hunting and we’ve only froze out once a couple years ago when we awoke to -20deg temps and called it and headed south. I’ve never been so tired at the end of a day or had as much fun in the field as I have hunting pheasants.

The first day I ever hunted SD I limited in 15 minutes with three shots. The next day I needed 4 shells but less than 10 minutes. I knew then that I’d reached the promised land!
My personal record though is still in KS back in the old days when 2 days in a row I shot a quadruple of roosters with a Browning autoloader for a limit in literally under a minute. Both times were when we’d bailed out to walk around an abandoned farmstead that was grown up in tumbleweed. Late season with the birds grouped up and dozens of them pouring out all at once.