Small locally owned grocery in the closest town to hunting camp, went to a chain operation a few years ago. No one around there likes it much now, as they have a limited choice in too many things, far too much of their own brand of chit that is pretty awful. Next closest grocery is almost 20 miles away.

Town has had a DG for a long time and put up an entirely new store two years ago, to replace the original one. Bigger, lots more stuff. Now most go down there for national brand frozen foods, as an example, instead of the grocery. Same brand of bread I get, is a dollar a loaf cheaper at the DG, than the puke grocery. Comes off the same truck when it passes thru town. Most days there are more vehicles at the DG, than at the grocery.

They serve a purpose in many of the small PA towns I pass through. We have a Dollar Tree near where I live, worst chithole I've ever been in and it doesn't have a fraction of the stuff DG has..

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.