Originally Posted by cra1948
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by SBTCO
. . . The Spanish invaded a good portion of North and South America . . . and carved their way through numerous indigenous populations raping, pillaging and cutting up animals for their daily meals without even a tinge of chromium or vanadium in their blades. We should feel so lucky to have the choices steel technology of today offers.

Reminds me of the American white man conquering the New World after the landing at Plymouth Rock. . . grin

Yep. wink

Entertaining how we as modern humans can stew and sweat over our hunting tools burning up 95% effort to solve 2% of a problem, deciding whether Cerakote is better than Black T for a stainless barreled action. Or whether 6.5 creedmoor is gonna have better balistics than 257 Roberts for hunting antelope when using 120 gr TTSX or...... Those pilgrims were happy to just have dry powder to load their muskets, let alone the magic of flint and steel to light the evening fire.

Agreed. I’m a journeyman tool and die maker. I first started working in a machine shop in 1967, did my apprenticeship in the 70’s, after military service. I’m still working in the trade. I guess I’ve had more experience than the average person with regard to working with and using various steels. I think most of these whizz bang, space age alloys are serious overkill for knives, but if it makes one happy.... I also think that the performance differential between them, when it comes to knives, anyway, is more in the mind of the beholder than anything. D2 is about as exotic as I’ve ever gone as far as making a knife. Truth be known, most of us would be pretty well served with nothing other than plain old 1095 steel for a knife. I know I would. But then, what would we have to talk about?

Rust. ;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.