Had a crazy traveling end of the week and part of the weekend, anyway, as we were all saying our goodbyes an old Bud gave me a heavy bag of 1000 double crimp grooved 180gr HST bullets for my 40, I later assumed the double rolled on crimp is to help keep the jacket and core together as my col of 1.135" puts both well down into the case.

This morning at daybreak, i started at Hodgdons minimum of 6.5 grains of Lonshot for the 180gr XTP, and worked to a max of 8 grains, the max load out of my P226 ran 1212 fps, puzzled, I went and loaded another max charge of 8 grains, it went 1214 fps, that's some crazy chit, and what I believe to be too fast for the design velocity of that bullet, I'm going to back all remaining loads down to around 1000 fps and call it good, no signs of over pressure, and all velocities had a good climb up with no spike differences.

Question is, has anyone else ran 180's out of their 40's at that speed? and, is the HST a good meat defense bullet?

I remember reading here about some poster that built some crazy fast loads with his 40's, but cant remember who it was, these loads were in new WW brass cases with CCI SPM primers.

Thanks in advance.

Trump Won!