Lama bob,

I read your posts in this thread with interest. You seem to have a solid take on pressures and load procedure for the 3 - 7mm's in this discussion.
Your figures on velocity differences and case design between them seem in line with your testing and beyond my ability to confirm or dispute, I do think you know what you're talking about.

However, in the real world of "joe average" we go by published load data that has been pressure tested by people that do make public their data.
This published data shows a real world difference in cartridge velocities as shown by the data Muledeer posted in this thread.

For me and most other reloaders who don't have our own piezo equipment or a laser vibrometer available, published data and a chronograph are the best we have.
So for now I guess that the data I use has been tested and accepted for common usage and the postulation you've made is just an opinion, Although interesting - still just your opinion.

Never tell your problems to anyone. 20% don't care and 80% are glad you have em.