Since I retired, whenever I feel like it. Meaning the dog and/or I have to pee. Usually around 7 plus or minus an hour, often depending on when I went to bed. Keep in mind that this time of year our time zone is daylight, daylight time. Solar noon is 2 pm by the clock.

She goes to bed 9 to 9:30, I'm an hour or two after that, unless really pooped. Then we retire together. My wife is usually up until 11 or later for some unfathomable reason.

When I was a teen and well into my 20's I could set a mind clock and wake up within 10 minutes of when I wanted to, but have long since lost that ability.

For the first time in months I set an alarm last night for 6. Have some calls to make in a few minutes, when businesses open up in mid-west. Dog beat the alarm by 3 minutes. I have no idea how she does that, but it is not unusual.

When she has to get up in the morning, she shakes her head. Only then does she use that signal to go out. Works every time, too, so that is usually my "alarm". If it is before 6:30, I may go back to bed. Or not.

Last edited by las; 04/15/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.