Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Pharm, that is a pretty bad azzed RRA. I'm sure it will be shooting very good in no time. Probably do quite well in the black rifle challenge, as soon as you get the right load developed for the girl. One of my buddies has the RRA ATH Carbine and it shoots well, but not quite as well as any of my rifles. Your brothers rifle is a better rifle for accuracy IMHO. If you decide to try AR comp powder, here's my recipe. I think Tyrone was asking about it in another thread:

20.5 gr AR Comp
73 gr. ELD match
FC range pick up brass (lc works about as well)
BR4 (or CCI 400 if you dont' have BR4's)
2.255" OAL

This load develops very low ES's and excellent accuracy in all of my .223's (Ar's and bolt guns). I watched my buddy shoot his new Savage Trophy predator hunter, using this load, the other day and damn near put them all in the orange dot except for 1 flyer. 9 shots were into 5/8". The flyer opened the group up to an inch. I was so damn impressed with my buddy Troy's shooting that day, that I told him I was going to post his target in the Moa all day long challenge, if he kept the other 10 shot group that small. Needless to say, his second 10 shot group fell apart.

I'll just ad in case no one else did, careful with FC and top end loads. Pockets open quickly, often not good for more than a few shots if that. But often it was case capacity plus softness,IE if back off a pet load a bit, slow it down, the FC brass could be ok.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....