I have a complete 1892 receiver manufactured in 1893 originally chambered in 44-40. I have the orginial mag tube and spring but I think the wood was replaced and it needs a barrel. I’d like to get the wharehouse and Winchester letter to choose between having it put back to factory configuration but I maybe would like it to be done in a trapper style....I’m just not sure. I’ll need wood (most likely) and a barrel. The action is tight and complete.

What would a bigger rebuild cost from Turnbull (ballpark nothing fancy or checkering but maybe CCH) or are there any other recommendations for smiths that could do it right? I really should get the original specs first but I’m a cart before the horse kind of guy 😁

Thanks guys and beautiful rifles all!

PS.....if I don’t go completely original is .44mag too much for the action? Is there a lot of work to make a 44-40 into a 44mag? What would you guys do with an old 1892 made in 1893?

I have a model 53 in 32-20 made in 1925 that I’ll leave worn and honest.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~