Here's a few pictures of what I found.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It appears that someone had turned down the head of the bolt that runs through the carrier. I'm not sure why but that doesn't really matter now. It also appears that they pressed some sort of bushing into the ejector but it had crumbled away over time. I'm not sure if it was lead or soft cast iron but as soon as I poked at it a bit it just fell away. Now I had a couple of pieces that no longer fit together and it was obvious that I was going to have to ignore all those Youtubers that had warned me about the dreaded carrier disassembly. I read enough to know that the bolt through the carrier was left hand thread and in all honestly, that's pretty much all you need to know. I'm not really sure what all the fuss is about. It's a body, a bolt, a spring, a nut and there's only one way they all go together. I've now had it apart a number of times and there's no great mystery to it. At this point I thought that my best bet was to turn a small sleeve to press fit onto the turned down bolt head. I decided to make it out of brass and add a bit of red Loctite as I pressed it on.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Slinky_Pickle; 04/22/19.