Originally Posted by norm99
Originally Posted by Slinky_Pickle
Originally Posted by wyo1895
I like that video. I'm going to start saving mild jugs.

It's the first time I had done it and it's kind of addictive. I know save all the milk jugs. smile

interesting read and you did well in case you are interested in the future i have LOTS of parts for the old girls and i am in Victoria B.c>

norm

welcome to the fire

Not sure why I missed this until now. That's great to hear. I'm originally from the island as well but moved inland about 35 years ago. My dad just sold his farm in Cedar (north of Ladysmith) and we're in the process of moving him up here.

I would really like to look at the authenticity of the sights at some point. I'm not sure what the original setup would have been but it might be nice to have them wearing their original jewelry. I would also like to find a tang sight for the one that isn't equipped with one.

I was actually toying with CNC cutting a few carriers to see if I could do it. The deeper I got into the design, the more I realized that old Arthur Savage was a pretty bright dude. There's a lot going on in that carrier that isn't initially obvious until you try to recreate one.