Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by kellory
I'd take a 12ga. Shotgun over either choice offered, any day of the week. It will kill anything I aim it at, has more ammo options available, can shoot slug, shot, or even flares, and simpler to clean.
And if you can't speak proper english, with at least an attempt at proper punctuation, and syntax, I'm not going to bother with you beyond this point. Your childlike texting like half speech is annoying.
The ball's in your court, little twig.
Guess you don't plan on needing to survive for very long ? How many 12 gauge shells you figure you can carry ? A loaded .22 mag. is a fugg of alot better survival tool than an empty 12 gauge.

You are assuming no access to reloading equipment of any kind, and no supplies but what you carry. I'm not. I assuming a simple base, and few new materials available. Different scenarios. Hulls can be reloaded with simple tools, and a variety of powders and shot (including casting my own.) I have molds for miniballs, and sinkers, now, and about 300lbs of cleaned soft lead.
I look at this question as "the stores have closed up, and you are on your own. You have one weapon to defend and eat with. Choose." Other than a true muzzleloader, and making your own gun powder, and mining your own lead, I see a shotgun as the simplest to reload, with the least precision needed.

https://youtu.be/4ezCOIj73wE
Well if I'm gonna be home I've got a whole goddam arsenal at my disposal and enough reloading components to last a lifetime. Why the hell would I choose just one gun/cartridge under those circumstances ?

Like I said, stupid question isn't it?
Why would I be afield for an unknown duration, and have a strong fear of human contact that would forbid reloading as an option? I have not been airdropped onto a deserted island, and I can bloody well build a raft and sail. wink

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~