Is a recent build actually, done by Wyoming Armory in Cody. Took delivery in 2018, early summer IIRC.

Funny story about how it came about....

The pic below, note the extra forearm and stock:

[Linked Image]

Theory was that I could convert the Schuetzen style .38-55 to a sporter if the desire struck, but for reasons unknown to me the trigger group did not function in the sporter stock. I puzzled a bit, called the fellow I bought it from and he offered to fix it as he was a 'smith. He had made the "concept" but never shot anything other than offhand Schuetzen. I pondered it a bit, had a Quigley moment and sent the stock and forend off to the Armory telling them there were a few pieces missing and asking them to fill in the blanks. After it was established what I wanted the blanks filled in with they went after it. The action is recent production FWIW. I have a MVA scope, a Winchester B series reproduction, but have not mounted it though the blocks are in place. Took me about 20 rounds to work out the load and now I puzzle about why I have the scope.

I coulda had a .45-120.....sniff....

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain