For giggles, I put the dot on a clay bird parked on the 200 yard berm. I didn't bother illuminating an orange clay bird. Here's 6x:

[Linked Image]

And 4x:

[Linked Image]

And here's me trying to shoot the box. Not my best work, but I'm putting it out there for your consideration:

[Linked Image]

As I mentioned, I got on paper first at 25 with 2 rounds, then spent another 5 getting a zero at 100. Shot #8 was at the bullseye - the empty space in the middle. I then gave 8 clicks left and 8 clicks up (1/2 MOA) for #9, 16 clicks right for #10, 16 clicks down for #11, and 16 clicks for #12. Ideally, 8 clicks up and 8 clicks right should have parked #13 right on top of #8...

To check my marksmanship, I shot 14 and 15 with no adjustments. With #13, those 3 yielded a way bigger group than I shoot with this load and the Vortex. Of course, I'm also usually shooting at dots, instead of this target.

I gave 2 clicks up and shot 16 and 17 - not great.

I'm not sure I can lay a lot of this on the scope, much as I'd like to.

For all that, what I learned is I think I'll be able to hunt the hell outa this scope. Maybe I'll also be able to shoot targets with it, but today sure as hell wasn't my day. Maybe I'll try it again using dots. Or maybe I won't worry about it. I aint gonna dump the scope - I'm just gonna shoot hog heads with it.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC