Thanks, mule deer and everyone. I will say that 10 rounds of my .375 HH and I'm pretty much done, so I may have made a mistake getting this one. We'll see. I weighed this CZ 550 and it's 9 lbs, 7.8 oz unloaded & no sling, but with scope/rings and with the brake that came with it (wearing a Leupold VX-1 Hog 1-4x20 at the moment).

As a silly sidebar, anyone think there's anything to this idea that Lehigh bullets somehow create a great permanent cavity without expanding from the nose / flute design? There's little doubt they'd penetrate enough, but I seriously doubt these claims about wound cavities being the equal or better than a traditional bullet or monometal. It would be cool but I'm sure fantasy if the same bullet / load could serve for both anti-materiel / HTI and African DG - such as the 305 all-brass "penetrator" one:

https://www.lehighdefense.com/index.php?_route_=all/458-xtreme-penetrator-305gr-bullet

.460 Wby mag on rabbits? Lol

P.S. Just found out that some countries allow 2 rifles, some 3, and some like SA allow 4...but as you say the airline may limit you to two. So which airlines allow 3? That's my question - I tried to look it up but can't find the answer - everything talks about the countries themselves but not the airlines.... I could narrow it to 3 pretty easily, but two would be tough. I don't want to use a .375 HH on a duiker any more than I'd want to use a .30-'06 on a kudu let's say. Sure you could, but it's far from ideal. I guess it's always tag / species-dependent in the end, of course, but my guess is I'll only be able to afford one trip in my lifetime, so want to make it count. I suppose if I could take 3 and only 3 rifles, AND was able to go after a wide variety of species, I'd take the 6.5x55, the .375HH (or a 9.3x62), and the .458 (leaving the .30-06 at home). Then I could "overkill" some stuff as needed with the .375 / 9.3, but still take it easy on my shoulder for the little gazelles up to bush pig & baboon with the 6.5x55 which is no slouch with a premium 142 or similar, the way I load them up.

Last edited by DannyLandrum; 05/08/19.