Originally Posted by blindshooter
Originally Posted by rost495
Last name and best score I ever shot in a NTI or Leg match when the wife and I were actively competing.

Not many can say they shot a score that good. I think my best was 490 before legging out. My best shot at leg points was sticking to it when the rain started, got a bronze at Perry once just because I wouldn't quit when it started raining and so many did. And that score included a miss, had a double in rapid fire.
So my handle came about because I'm really myopic but still shoot good.

It was a good score. Of course I knew every shot I dropped and.... and I dropped one at the 600, just pure damn nerves because I knew what I'd done.

Sticking to it counts! Hell in my books it counts more than a good score. I'd have gotten points once with a miss if I hadn't gotten bent out of shape mentally over what I thought at the time had to be a pit scoring fault... but that was years ago and I'm more mature, and tend to ignore things I can't change ( easily anyway) these days.

I sure thought as I got even better I'd shoot a 500 eventually, but as I got to where the only thing holding me back was not shooting above 98 standing usually, and that was on perfect days, we just quit shooting and took up life again.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....