Originally Posted by JamesJr
I probably see this somewhat differently than some of you do, but I don't see as anyone living today, has to apologize for something that happened
before they were born. My ancestors owned slaves, that was over a 150 years ago. Big deal, as it doesn't bother me in the least that they did. That was then,
this is now. There is no way that I can go back and change anything my ancestors may have done, besides it was legal for them to own those slaves.

Having said that, I'm not condoning slavery or the forced labor that occurred in WW2, but apologizing it for it today changes absolutely nothing that happened then.

Slavery as we know, has been around for thousands of years and was accepted as normal practice,
in numerous cultures and societies across the globe.

And lets not forget that slave can also simply mean lowly servant... Our modern world still has a broad culture
or practice of having those 'lower class types' to do the more menial or drudgery low pay tasks that slaves were once
commonly tasked with.

but for some reason there are those select groups today who will never let go of the past, they for some reason get
pleasure from re-opening old wounds to garner sympathy and support for their victimhood status. ..they will drag up
anything from biblical enslavement of the Israelites to forced labor at a WW2 German biscuit factory.

Yet it would be considered unreasonable to ask todays jews to apologize for the crowd of jews that vehemently shouted/demanded
the execution of an innocent man called Jesus.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.