As to converting a .45 ACP to Super:

Flat Bottom Firing Pin Stop
Extra Power Firing Pin Return Spring
24#+- Recoil Spring
26-30# Main Spring
Shock Buff is a nice addition

Bob

My Take for converting a 1911 to 45 Super;

1.) JRH Gunsmithing can increase the time your 1911 stays locked up. Cost around $100 and I feel worth it.

2.) "Extra Power Firing Pin Spring".

3.) "24#+- Recoil Spring"; I would not go over 20 pounds (Mine is 18.x pounds). While a heavier recoil spring will slow the rearward travel of the slide down, it will increase the the return velocity, which can result in failure to feed issues and battering.

4.) "26-30# Main Spring"; I use a heavier main spring, do not recall the weight (but it is not 30 #'s).

5.) "Flat Bottom Firing Pin Stop"; You can leave the FPS as is, or tune it by rounding the bottom a little... if needed for function.

6.) "Shock Buff is a nice addition"; I think this is a good idea... but gave me nothing but issues.

7.) Starline 45 Super Brass; It is stronger than 45 acp brass and I would not shoot 45 Super out of acp brass.

8.) I've been using Power Pistol, works great & have had no issues. Just one option.

9.) DO NOT get 45 Super load data from the guys over at Glock talk. I would not be suprised to hear that some of them have maimed themselves by now.

45 Super conversion is a tuning process. I did the first four and use 45 Super brass. If your brass is being launched into the next zip code... you need to stop and do a little more tuning.

Your gun should also be able to run 45 acp loads just fine===> for less expensive practice.

You can do all except number one yourself, it is nothing but replacing springs and maybe doing a little filing on the FPS until it fits and then slightly rounding the bottom to tune it if need be (If you do #1 you probably won't need a flat bottomed FPS)

If it is a new gun make sure it will run 45 acp before starting.

I've run somewhere between 1,200 and 1,500 rounds of 45 Super through my 1911 with no issues; no cracks, no rattle of the slide, nothing broken.

JWP &/or Oregon45,

Isn't the HK 45 USP actually warranteed by the factory for use of 45 Super?

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum