Originally Posted by GuideGun
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Ross is struggling to see industry taillights, IMO&E.

Then you're not paying attention to the world outside of AK.

The Mayfly group (Ross/Abel) is doing more than most in the last 2-3 years. Ross was indeed going downhill before the merger with Abel. But since the merger they are turning out quality reels as well as winning awards and anglers. Almost a 180 degree turn around of the company they were before. It's sad that you are writing them off due to past experiences instead of evaluating current offerings in present time.

In full disclosure I don't work for Ross either, but I have used their innovative current designs with much success for the angling that I do. Albeit not against the mighty salmon/steelhead of the AK rivers. But I'm willing to wager Ross Evolution R would handle that angling just fine.

No dog in this fight but had to Canadians in the boat today that commented of all the places they have fished the bows were unbelievably stronger than any other they had seen

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....