Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by gunner500
OH CHIT! I will forever be grateful for men like my gunsmith, I was picking up some work he'd done in his shop one day, a guy came in with some sort of pre-64 FWT rifle with a ebony tip, may have been a super-grade FWT, the guy ask for a recoil pad to be installed, I didn't, and still don't know much about pre-64 model 70's but I damn near went weak kneed and fell in the floor when he said that.

My 'Smith, the fine man that he is, said, "Thanks for coming in today Sir, and I want to do business with you, but I wont do that to that rifle" that guy looked at him and then me like he was hit in the face with a hubcap fulla dogchit, God Bless Men like my 'Smith! smile

You have a good smith. Much like mine. They are a dying breed though.. its a shame

Damn right BSA, they're dying out, very sad, we've all seen guns butchered by cutting the stocks, drilling extra holes, chiseling on the wood and such, matter of fact, those damn griffin and howe dudes that drilled all those M-70 receivers for that god awful side mount need to be dug up and kicked in the nuts! mad

CowboyBart, lord have mercy, as the Warden said in the old 'Cool Hand Luke' movie, "some people you just cant reach." crazy bet that did pain you to have to do those jobs.

Trump Won!