Cope,

Thanks for the kind words on the rifle. It's really a splendid rifle. Has every quality I can think a stalking rifle should have. It carries great, is very accurate, has a wonderful trigger and has plenty of strength.

I did make knives prior to building rifles. I was a full time bladesmith for 12 yrs, and earned Mastersmith rating from the American Bladesmith society. Would enjoy seeing the knife you have.

CTW,

The double rifles on the rising block design are able to be taken down by removing the pin that connects the barrel block to the underlever. On the single shot action, that pin is not exposed like it is on the doubles, so a hole int he side of the action would be required.

Regarding the safety, it simply works better with the trigger/sear mechanism in the Rising block than a traditional tang safety. It blocks both the trigger and sear, and in testing it, I beat the snot out of the action with a wood mallet from every angle and it never disengaged or allowed an accidental firing. It is very easy to operate and feels natural since it's a simple swipe with the thumb.

The Gentleman in the video making the 400yd shot has since shot his Rising block at 600yds with iron sights and printed a 3 shot 2.3 moa group.